Friday, April 29, 2011

Nerds

Nerds generally carry around a negative stereotype these days. Throughout my time in middle school and high school being a nerd was generally considered to be a derogatory comment. I would have considered myself a jock in high school because I hung out with the popular crowd and played sports, but nowadays I realize that life would not be the same without the nerds. Every group or stereotype has their place in most high schools, and most are scrutinized heavily, but nerds are the reason America is where we are today. It does not matter how weird they dress, if they wear glasses, or don't hang out with the popular crowd. It seems to me that the majority of America's youth couldn't care less about school these days and it honestly seems we are getting dumber as a society. So as to where 5 years ago I would have been doing the scrutinizing, today I want to step forward and encourage the characteristics of nerds, to bring American back to the dominance that is slowly slipping away. Albert Einstein was a nerd, and I would say he turned out to be pretty successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment